Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Comfort Food

Now that its finally starting to get cold in North Carolina, I love eating chili.  I decided to try to make my own chili from scratch, and I must say it turned out pretty good.  I got this recipe from google, but can't remember which site.  

Recipe:
2 lbs ground beef/chuck
1 cup chopped onion
1 green pepper, chopped
2-3 ribs celery, chopped
1 large (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
2 cans kidney or pinto beans, drained (I used kidney beans)
1 tsp pepper
3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic salt ( I used garlic powder)
cayenne pepper to taste


 Brown ground beef in skillet and drain well.  Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.

Cook for 7-8 hrs on low.  I cooked mine for 7 hours and it was perfect.


I added a little bit of shredded cheese on top and served with some saltines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment