Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

Sorry for the blog-cation.  Between preparing for our Halloween party and preparing for us to be out of town 3 times this month, I had to take a break.  


The party went even better than we expected.  Everyone had a great time.  Unfortunately, I did not take many pictures.  With the party being on a Friday, and getting some last minute things, I only had a few minutes to get ready before guests arrived.  Then I was drinking playing hostess.  If I get any additional photos from guests, I will share those as well.

This is only some of the food, however I forgot to take any more shots.  I also had the cheese dip in a cauldron beside the chips cauldron, as well as shrimp cocktail and wings. The wings were in the oven keeping warm.  My sister-in-law made some amazing swedish meatballs and oreo balls which are also not in the pictures.

"Brain Freeze" punch made with cranberry juice cocktail, frozen lemonade from concentrate (thawed) and ginger ale



You can't see this very well, but we had a fog machine outside.  Inside was lit with red lights in the entryway

Drink Menu-- the signature drinks were a hit.  My favorite is not on the menu.  It is a jolly rancher cocktail with cotton candy vodka (by pinnacle) blended with jolly rancher candy and Simply Lemonade raspberry lemonade.   

After several tries (and fails) with making a dessert, I found these at Walmart.  They were cream filled and delicious.  I will definitely get these again.



Everyone loved these in our guest bathrooms

Kitschy wall/floor decor



Graveyard  shift




Favorite costume of the night.  Michael Myers scared everybody.

A blurry pic of me and the hubs as Barbie and Ken.  A lot of people thought I looked like Nicki Minaj, so I will probably reuse the wig next year and go as her.  



I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you did an amazing job! I love all the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Tiffany. Your blog was the first I ever read, so that means a lot.

    ReplyDelete