Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New York, New York

Sorry for the long break.  Between the holidays and our out of town trips, I was/am just beat. My husband and I went to New York the first weekend of November to support his business partner who ran in the NYC marathon.   I had not been to New York in 5 years and this was our first trip there together.  We had such a great time, and hope to go back at least once a year. We stayed with his cousin in upstate New York.  



FYI: Roosters start crowing at about 3 in the morning, and keep on crowing.  Luckily  I only know that because we stayed up very late our first night.  I would not have liked to be woken up 





We were in the city for a bit, but not quite as much as we would have liked.  We will definitely be staying in Manhattan next time.  These are my view (i.e. cell phone pics) of my trip. I obviously need my camera.


Brooklyn

Bronx

Chinatown
Manhattan

Grand Central Station-- My Grandmother and Aunt came in from Connecticut for  dinner with us

My actual first NYC hotdog
and pizza

Jewelry shopping


This restaurant/bar was amazing in Brooklyn.  We all met up there Sunday night after the race.  It has southern fused cuisine.  They have an amazing caramel martini that I will have to do at home. My phone died while I was in the restaurant, so I took this pic from their website.  Its vanilla infused vodka, Bailey's caramel and toasted marshmellow.




We are off to New Orleans tomorrow, and we will be staying in the French Quarter.  Any recommendations for places to go/see/shop? This will be my first visit, and hubby hasn't been there since he was a child.



No comments:

Post a Comment