Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap



We hosted Thanksgiving this year in our new home.  This was my first real Thanksgiving as the hostess, and I was nervous about how it would all come together.  Thank goodness for Honey Baked Ham and Bojangles.  I am not a fan of their ham, but love love love their sweet potato souffle.  It is always a huge hit.  I also got their cranberry walnut chutney this year.  Oh my gosh, where has this been all my life!  It is so good y'all.  


We ate fried turkey last year and wanted to do that again this year.  Unfortunately, our friend who cooked last year has a 9 month pregnant wife, so we were on our own.  I was a bit skeptical when my husband suggested Bojangles' fried turkey, but it was delicious, and was ready in about 2 hours!  I usually don't want turkey again for Christmas, but wouldn't mind this fried turkey again.


This was the line outside of Honey Baked Ham on Wednesday.  So glad I went the day before.  A friend was  in that line and she ended up waiting 1 1/2 hours.


I was a little underwhelmed about the table decor.  It didn't have that wow factor to me.  Oh well, I am definitely excited to try something different next year.  




I obviously need some serving dishes, so forgive my bootleg setup.  I made the cornbread dressing and my MIL helped me out by making the green beans and mac and cheese.  




 I have started putting up my Christmas decorations, and only have a few more items left to get.  The only place I went on Black Friday was Hobby Lobby and I am so glad I did.  I went again this week and there is hardly anything left. Can't wait to show the finished product.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment