Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Big Easy


We had a great time in New Orleans last weekend.  My first visit did not disappoint.  I love the architecture and culture, and of course the food.  It actually reminds me a lot of Charleston.  I wish we were there longer than 48hrs.  We will definitely be making a trip back this spring.


I finally got my camera back, and have realized that my phone takes better pictures.  I have had this camera for a while (it only has 6 megapixels), so way past time to upgrade.  I'm hoping to get a new one for Christmas (hint, hint).


We passed by the basketball arena and the Superdome on our way from the airport to the hotel.

We all stayed at the Hotel Monteoleone which is a beautiful hotel on Royal Street in the French Quarter.



Lobby

Carousel Bar inside hotel


  We had a great time just walking up and down Bourbon Street...  



 and collecting beads...


and drinking.

Architecture

     
St.Louis Cathedral during day
and at night-- this picture does not do it justice. 

Better picture- fotolibra





Music was everywhere...








...even in the artwork.


The food was great.  We had a birthday brunch for my grandmother's 90th at Court of Two Sisters.  The food was amazing.  I tried duck for the first (and last time).

What I wore to brunch

Random snapshots

Tarot reading

Real life statue.  

I don't know how many times we passed by this store, but the cat was always sleeping.



 There were a lot of weddings that weekend. We passed by this beautiful reception.


 I took so many pictures, I can't put them all on here.  I can't wait to get back.  




No comments:

Post a Comment