Monday, February 13, 2012

Waiting to Exhale

My heart is heavy with this post. I have been a big fan of Whitney Houston since I was a young child singing into my hairbrush. Her first album is one of my top favorites, and I play it every few months.  I lost count of how many times I played Exhale after I broke up with my first serious boyfriend in college.  Like other fans, I hoped that she would beat her demons, and was so excited to hear she was coming out with a new movie.  I was shocked and saddened by her sudden death, and I hope and pray that her mother, daughter, and all of her friends and family find solace during this time.  Her voice was like an angel's, and now she is singing with them.  





Sometimes you'll laugh
Sometimes you'll cry
Life never tells us, the when's or why's
When you've got friends, to wish you well
You'll find your point when
You will exhale 


No comments:

Post a Comment