Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Stars and Stripes

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe 4th of July weekend.  My weekend was packed with activity and we had a blast!  I love spending time with our extended family, plus we were able to get a great deal on some new barstools for our kitchen.  I can't wait to show it off once everything comes together.  Which leads me to this post.

Since moving into our dream home, I have become obsessed with design blogs.  It is amazing how much talent is out there.  Currently, our home is all the same color.  And although it's a pretty color, the house doesn't feel like our home to me until we incorporate some of my our personality on the walls.  I'm not planning on painting everywhere, but I do want to paint our dining room, master bedroom and bath, and the kitchen to start.  The first room on my agenda is the dining room.  I'm not yet sure what color I want to go with, but I know what type of style I am looking for.  For the past few months, I have fallen in love with stripes. Whether it be vertical or horizontal, wide or thin, walls or curtains, they just add something special to a space.  I love the look of monochromatic stripes.  Here are a few inspirational rooms:
Unfortunately I don't remember the websites where I found these pictures, so if you know the source, please let me know so that I can credit them.

And the room that inspired my stripe obsession is from Honey We're Home. Here is her mudroom before:

 Stripes added:


Final look:



Megan has decorated her home so beautifully, and she has one of the most breathtaking closets I have ever seen.  So head on over there and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment