Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'll Drink to That

I love coming up with signature drinks for parties.  For our wedding, we had 4-- something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.  For our Halloween Party, I have 3 options.   Our bar will also be stocked with other goodies, so should be something for everybody.

I am currently in love with Tres Leches liquer.  Yes, it tastes like the dessert.  You can drink this by itself, mix it with other liquer, or what I have been doing, mixing it with root beer.  It tastes just like a root beer float.  Yum. 




I found 2 new recipes I want to try with the tres leches. One is mixed with coconut rum which I also love.  The second is mixed with vodka.  It will be served in a martini glass, and I am thinking about getting these stirrers to go with.  I'm calling it the Ghostini.


I also want to have a candy corn drink.  Not sure which one I will try.  I just think it looks pretty.


www.drinkoftheweek.com

The last drink option is for the guys-- the Scream Soda.  It's made with Captain Morgan's spice rum and lemon- lime soda.   It will look something like this, minus the sugared rim.      



Check out Drink of the Week for other fun options (with recipes).

2 comments: