Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Trick or Treat, Part 1

My husband and I decided over the weekend to have a Halloween/ House Warming Party.  We were going to have a housewarming party weeks ago, but I just could not get motivated.  We love all things scary, so this will be a fun way to introduce our house. 

I have so many ideas running around in my head.  I love to throw parties, but haven't thrown a big one since our wedding.  So of course on Monday during lunch, I headed to Hobby Lobby to see what they had for Halloween.  I got a few things, and at 50% off, only spent $18.  I am trying to stay under $200 for decorations, food, and drinks.

Spider Candle Holders- For the 2 came to $4.98.  These are also available at Pier 1 at full price

Originally $26 that I got for $13

I plan on going back on Friday to check out a few more things while they have Halloween items on sale.  I always feel so rushed at lunch.

I also made a pit stop at The Dollar Tree next door and came away with these items.


I saw these at Z Gallerie for about $5/piece

We need cool ice cubes for our drinks
Will place them on the stems of drinking glasses 

Will be getting a few more of these for finger foods

 I will be getting these items within the next few weeks from Pier 1.

This will look perfect with the spider candle holders

Two of these candle holders would look great flanking our front door


Table runner-- this will go great over the orange table runner I bought last month

Tapers that melt red

I am in love with this chic wreath-- this will be something I would use yearly, so may go ahead and shell out the $59, or may try to make this myself.



I have also been scouring the internet for food ideas. The party will likely start pretty late, about 9pm, so we will only be offering finger foods and drinks.  Some cute ideas I've seen.

niecee.com

Food Network

niecee.com

Can't remember where I found this one
Dessert
superpunch.blogspot.com

I have also seen chicken wings as bat wings.  Stay tuned for my drink inspirations and other decor ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment